In the case of the wheel studs, a more descriptive term would be knurled. Very common way for wheel studs to be fastened in place. The head in back is what secures them as well as the press fit of the knurled section inside the hole. They usually can be driven out from the front with a BFH. Typically doesn't hurt the hubs to drive them out. There's enough give in the knurling to let them come out without hurting the holes.
[on edit] Never heard of swedged wheel studs before, even though I restored a Model A Ford way back when. I recalled they had knurled studs as I described above. Just found this site that is a pretty good description.
Swedged wheel Studs. I guess I learned something new today also.
I'm familiar with swedging back in my plumbing days as a kid when we used a swedge tool (basically a chunk of cylindrical steel with a tapered section) that we used to expand the end of a piece of brass sink drain tubing so it fit over another piece and we could solder the two together (cylindrical lap joint). Inserted the swedge, tapped it in a bit with a hammer, then tapped around the tubing to loosen it up and pulled the swedge out. Steel pipe welding reducers are also called swedges.