BC52, thanks for the comment, I will google and try to find the reviews.

Hotrod Lincoln, Since I bought the truck I have been focused on searching out owners of 1947-1954 trucks at local car shows as well as on the 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour last summer (I Long Hauled with my '69 Camaro) I saw many and I would say 80%-90% of the hot rodded trucks made the switch to a IFS and some added a 4 link rear. Some were purchased kits and some were salvage from Novas, Camaros, Mustangs, etc I spoke with at least 12 owners on the tour, some Long Haulers. Most were driven on the tour by the owner/builder. None spoke negatively about the IFS, a few were neutral in their comments and but most comments were along the lines of "If you're happy with the 70 year old handling and braking technology then the straight axle with drum brakes is fine, however it you want something a bit more responsive, easier to drive (and safer braking) then an upgrade is in order. As far as the "flimsy" aspect of it, none of these are work trucks any longer. Maybe a run to the local Home Depot for a few 2x4's or bags of salt for the water softener but that's about it. I am building my as a daily driver so comfort is also a consideration. Ride quality, power brakes, power steering, A/C, sound deadening etc are all on the list of upgrades.

If you read a few of my earlier posts you will see I was considering keeping the straight axle and adding rack and pinion power steering, it would have been a lot easier and less expensive but I did not hear one good comment about that. Most were don't do it.