A brief history so you understand my staring point. I have a 49 GMC 1/2 ton that I bought out of NM as a project gone bad. I do have a few pictures on my Facebook page (Tom Strojinc).It was started in 1998 by a father/son team. Was taken completely apart (frame off). The plan was to go to a SBC with a turbo 350. It stalled at that time and sat until I bought it this spring. It did not have a drive train with it other that they put in a rear end out of a mid 80's Chevy Blazer with 3:73 gears. I have a SBC and a 700r4 ready to go in. I bought a Helix IFS with shock thru coils and rack and pinion power steering with a 4 link kit. Now my quesitons...
Has anyone installed this Helix unit?
Are there any issues I should be aware of that are not covered in the instructions?
It has 2" drop spindles. How do you determine final ride height when you are staring with a frame off condition?
Can I use the trans crossmenber they installed for the turbo 350 with the 700r4?
I will be building the wood bed liner, are there detailed plans for this? Dimensions of the final slats?
I have the original gauges, is there someone that can recondition them and convert them to 12 volt?
Can the speedometer be used with the 700r4?
Any input would be appreciated.