Have a small block in my 52 panel with stock suspension. Used the motor mounts from Chassis engineering, which is now closed, and they worked super. For manifolds I used an original set of ram horn headers. You can buy them new but not sure of the cost.
I have read, and somewhere saw the picture, of someone who used the headers off a Chevy 265 V8 engine as the original "downspout" where you hook up the header pipe is offset. A little patience may pay off.
And yes, a bolter reported here some time ago that he actually did offset his steering column about 1 1/2 inches by welding a piece of angle iron onto the chassis and moving the box over. He stated that you did not notice the "offset" inside the truck sitting at the steering wheel. I'm not sure what, if any, major change it did to the geometry of the system but he did it.
.....in the end, you'll end up doing what works for you parts wise, or money wise. Just don't be a penny rich and pound poor!