It's been months since my initial post, so a little update on the 3800.
I decided to keep the cab on the original chassis. Sometimes I wonder if that was the best way to go, but no turning back now.
What's been done:
New floor pans, disc brakes and booster from Hollister’s, front axle dropped 3” by Nostalgia Sid's, new and modified rear leaf springs from Posie's (hopefully softer ride and drop 3”), new front leaf spring main by Eaton, LQ4 engine with 4l80e trans (yet to be installed), '83 Chevy c30 rear axle with 3.7 ratio (in process of making new leaf spring hangers - chassis 36” wide and axle perches 38” with no room to move them outboard), cab gutted and wormy chestnut installed behind where bucket seats from an old Lincoln will be installed and some on the cab ceiling with leather inserts to match seats.
Lots of head scratching!
Currently trying to figure out installation of power steering. Hollister may provide the answer with their kit for 3800s.
Another one I haven't yet figured out are the wheels. I picked up some Accuride 29361 (chart indict a they are the same as 29588) rollers that I think came off an early teens Chevy dually. These wheels use the swivel nut whereas the '83 c30 used a clamping plate. Sooo, not sure if I can use these wheels on the '83 c30 axle. Also want to make sure wheel studs will be the same on the front and rear so haven't installed new studs on Hollister's disc brake kit yet. I'm fine with changing out the '83 wheel studs to something else if that is possible to match the Accuride rollers I picked up for next to nothing.
So, if anyone has suggestions on a radiator, wheel/axle issue, power steering...please chime in.
Oh yeah, installing the engine and trans in the 3800. I have universal crossmembers for the engine and transmission along with an LS engine mount conversion kit. Installing an engine correctly is way out of my league so I’m going to need to find someone competent to do that job.

Last edited by Zsculptor; 11/13/2017 9:27 PM. Reason: Typo