bartamos - you are correct, I didn't show it non-engaged in the video, as it did spin just fine when I did.

Not sure if I mentioned earlier, but I had to jump it the other day when it died on me at the lumber yard and the 12v jump spun it quickly and it started.

Jerry - I tested at the battery terminals, with starter engaging again, the lowest it dropped was 5.69v. The starter spins it a little, then it starts to kind of studder. I did the same test at the copper post on the starter and the grounding strap and got a lowest reading of 5.48v. So it does seem to be getting the voltage to it. In a strange coincidence, I just happened to pick up a starter the other day that someone local was selling cheap. I think it may be time to do a swap. It's a later model starter, without the little oil flap on it, but it looks to be compatible.

Last edited by Goach2; 09/12/2017 1:03 PM.

1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.