So I spent a few hours pulling a significant mouse nest out of my bell housing. I had to get one of those 'grabbers' to feed up into the clutch and pull it all out of there. I only discovered the nest when I was replacing my oil pan gasket. Just before I garage it, I was having trouble starting. It ground slowly and I needed a 12v jump to get it going (still a 6v system). I thought it was the battery, so I replaced it, but it's still turning over slowly and stopping. Now I'm wondering if some of the nest got into the starter gear and is causing it. Before I pull the starter and take a look, are there any good tips out there for cleaning/rebuilding starters?

Thanks


1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.