New project.
Hello everyone, new to the site and I hope you guys can help me through a new project. I'm in the process of getting a 1950 chevy 3100. It's in pieces but all there and I plan for this to be my first down to the frame build. This truck has pretty much everything including a straight six motor. Looks like no one has ever done any mods and no one knows last time it even saw pavement.
The donor.
I have an 84 c10 long bed 2 wheel drive auto with a stock specs 350 motor and a 3 speed trans, also got a couple of 700r4s that need a rebuild. This truck I drove home for 350 bucks several years ago. Wasn't a dream build truck but nonetheless it got a bit of a overhaul. Brakes, motor, trans, some suspension, wiring, paint job, tires, and started interior. All stock spec more or less. Btw the motor runs with a no computer distributor. No hot rod stuff.
Advice.
I want to use as much off of my 84 as I can. What can and can't I use? For example, I heard I can use my front axle with spacers on the 1950 one can I? Rear axle? I know I can use motor and trans but I need mounts right? Plus a gas tank kit. Has anyone on here used an 80s truck as a donor in this way? When I use the search I sure get a LOT. If I can get advice or guided towards the right posts id appreciate it.
Can't wait to start. Thx