I saw that article, I wish he had finished the project. I'd like to find someone who did.
How bout this...the floor is rusted out. I want to keep the 5 window can. There is another cab, not a five window which is what I want, with a good floor. Would it work out good to cut that floor out and self to the one I want or should I buy panels.
You are kind of planning everything at once. Sounds like there are some pretty big issues ahead. Better to concentrate on one task at a time. DON'T buy a bunch of parts and stack them up thinking you are making progress. You are not, and may get stuck with it all when plans change. Be sure to step back and realize that you are cutting up three vehicles so far. Possibly buy a better truck to start with and save/sell the others.
As far as the floor, either idea will work. Depends on budget, time you have, skills you have, storage space. Sometimes a new panel is easier to fit back into the cut.
When doing the donor piece, of course you have to cut the donor piece bigger than the cutout piece to be able to tweak it into place. The general rule is only replace the rusted out area. Keep all good original metal in place unless for strategic reasons. (weld access, seam, support and structure)
Cardboard patterns will probably be necessary for a good tight weld gap.