I kinda figured most cams were going to kill my truck, though I never thought of using longer connecting rods with new pistons. What is the air flow of a mechanical fan? Is a fan clutch a necessary addition, or can I get away with a straight connection? I found an electric capable of 2400 cfm, would it be enough? I am only pursuing this because I need to shorten everything on the engine. Bear in mind, I need to eliminate 4 inches of the front to get it to work. I would stay mechanical if I thought I could easily get away with it. I already removed the EGR, the engine blew by so much I stuck a hose in and ran it behind the cab to keep from smoking myself out. The intake is some off-the-shelf Edelbrock affair from autozone, the original didn't fit. would it make a difference?