The engine in my 58 viking has finally gone out on me. Since I'm pulling it for a overhaul, I thought I'd look at some new parts for the engine. Thoughtfully Jegs Performance sent me a catalog, and I'm surprised with how far one can take these engines. But how far is far enough?

I'm looking to get a general hauler out of a 2 ton viking. That means I'll want some power, but I am also a stickler for fuel economy. The engine is a mystery to me; all I can tell you is it is a mid-late seventies stock engine with a Quadrajet, implying a passenger car origin.

I plan to install a ranger torque splitter, so anyway to shorten the engine is a good thing. I found that I can get several components in electric, and I was wondering if any of you had experience with an electric water pump, either bolt on or remote assemblies. Also, apparently the radiators came in a v8 "rear mount" and a straight six "front mount", the mounting referring to which side of the core support the radiator is installed. Anyway to alter one to the other? how do I identify what I have?