This guy is too much... Almost a month to the day, and I finally get a response from him... Here's how the exchange went. I got a little snappy but not too bad. In any case, I wasn't going to do this, but any of you who may want to block this guy as a bidder, PM me and I'll give you his handle. This dude is a bonehead and I'd hate for him to cost you money.
Buyer: Busy time. My truck still isn't working. The 3rd port/ 2nd exhaust port has a crack and will not seal. Nonrefundable because of preparation for use is an absolute ripoff. This is precisely why so many have moved away from eBay.Even spent near $50 on a remflex gasket. It's the manifold
Me: You are like a politician with your constant story changing. First it's cracked, then it's not, then it is, AFTER MACHINE WORK!!!...Look, I tried to be civil and help you get it sorted, and you chose to try to take me to the wood shed for something that was not my fault. I did the best I could to inspect for cracks and defects prior to shipping. If you had taken it to a machinist that was worth their salt, they'd have found any cracks I missed prior to machining, and refused to cut it. They'd have found a manifold beyond tolerance for more cutting ( alignment ring bottoming out , etc. ) In that case, I'd have been happy to issue a full refund and tell you to scrap it. You have wasted more time and more money doing all the wrong things to diagnose a problem that most likely did not exist than I can believe. I can't imagine taking much more than a couple hours to determine the problem and get a solution figured out. The fact is that you did not follow the proper procedure, and you have no one to blame but yourself for the situation you find yourself in. I'm no big fan of a lot of ebay policy making, but this one is one of the few good ones. If you alter my parts, and then try to get a refund, you're going to lose out. You've assumed all responsibility for this, like it or not. I hope for your sake you get something figured out but I doubt you will because you're either ignorant, a crook, or just suffer from a bad case of denial. I hope you've learned something from all this and don't destroy the next manifold you buy through willful ignorance. This is my final reply. I will not respond again. So feel free to say whatever you want response to this. It makes no difference to me anymore.
Buyer: Look I don't know what your problem is & im certainly not going to read all of this bulls**t you've written. All I know is what I've experienced time and time again with this thing, there is a leak stemming from the 3rd port and it's not my engine wall. The manifold I've purchased from you is at fault. Enjoy the money I've given you. Let me know if you need any more financial help. I'm here to give you handouts.And speaking of politicians, that seems to be the one thing we might agree on here: that election could've gone either way and our country still deserves far better. Take care and tell the wife dinner's on me
Of course, I have not, and will not respond again as I said I would not...
My favorite part is where he says that he doesn't know what my problem is and certainly won't read any of the 'bulls**t' I wrote... I'm guessing that's how he treated the messages that contained offers of helping him fix it as well...
Oh well. PM me if you want to avoid this clown.