bartamos,
sorry for not using terms easy for you to understand. thinking I dont understand the difference between the cab and the frame is pretty funny.
I really dont need a lecture on proper terms, sorry.
I have done other restorations, so trying to explain welding principles for a restoration to me is not needed.
Was trying to explain a method of steps to follow, pretty straight forward not really confusing at all.
As for explaining the cost effectiveness, the same futility is not needed. If I know I replaced what it bad, it is worth it more to me than not knowing what is hidden in a used cab.
feel free not to try to help if you can understand the terms I use. not trying to be ungrateful, but you have suggested nothing more than just buying another one that may or may not be better than what I have. here on the east coast, we dont have the luxury of just finding a rust free anything.
sorry for everyone else having to listen to this, but really think he could be a little helpful instead of condescending.