Hello,
getting ready to repair my cab. It is pretty bad. Rusted out at front pillar below door hinges, small front cab mounts, whole rockers gone(both), side floor boards, rear corner.....
My plan is as follows...first remove all remnants of the inner and outer rockers since they are holding nothing in place....then to replace bottom of pillar where door mounts first. Then to put bolts in the holes for the door then lift up on the cab and replace the under cab small bracket. Not sure if the cab bracket is welded to the longer front to back bracket, or it is held in with the spot welds to the floor. After this small bracket is installed (I am not buying the sleeve over ones, I will buy the oem ones). Probably only tack it in one or two places to the old floor, since I will be replacing the floor too. When I get this close to the height, I will get inner rocker bolted to the brackets (door pillar and the cab frame bracket). Next I would tie into the rear of the truck with the inner rocker. Pretty sure this is a bolt part also, but Ill make sure I have the welder next to me in case.
Once this frame work around the door is complete, I will cut out the floor on the side I am working on then weld it to the good part of the floor, inner rocker and the cab bracket.
After that, I have the kick panel to repair then the rear of the cab. and eventually the inner rocker. Door closes well now, hoping not too much shift when I weld the rest of the structure in.
Does this make sense?
I know people are gonna tell me to just find a cab, but its pretty thin out there and with shipping, it will cost less money. I know my time is worthless.
Thanks for any input.