| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,489 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I don't think it will flake off but some consideration of some other things are needed.
In MY experience powder coating is pretty dang tough overall. The problem will probably come in where the hinges "swivel" or slide together as they open and close. If your powder coating guy puts it on pretty heavy you will have a problem being tight. I had to cut some of the coating out of the edge of a belt tensioner and as Denny Graham would say "it tain't easy"!
I suspect the springs will do better than the hinges....and if you have to strip the powder coating off it is not an easy job. I know, I had to strip a set of big brackets!
Lastly, have a good talk with your powder coating man. He may have some tricks up his sleeve we don't know about. Just my .02 | | |
| |
| |