| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 249 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 249 | Mine has peeling caulking and there is the rust that is in the seam. I want to fix it all and thinking of going to a wire wheel first but then I am not sure what to do next. Would something like rust morte work okay as it would weep into the seam? One body shop guy suggested using a torch to turn the rust to scale and then wire wheel and paint. Would regular latex caulk be good to seal it with? I'm not sure what the factory stuff was. Any comments on this kind or repair? The truck has a patina type finish and is not restored and probably will not be while I own it. I just want to stop the deterioration that is going on.
1950 3600 1951 4400 Gazz
| | |
| |
| |