For one thing try to find a place that is easy to get to. personally I think one before the fuel pump is good. Since I can get under my panel fairly easy I put one just after gas comes out of the tank.
I've seen many filters before the carb and have one like this on my V8. There is also a filter that Screws into the carb which would help eliminate a hose or clamp malfunctioning and causing problems.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. Is your tank in like new condition? are you lines new? All these play a part in decision making.

One last point. If anyone's tank is located where it can gravity feed I'd recommend a cut off valve there for safety.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile