I've done several hinge repairs and it amaze me the different in the pins all from the same vendor...so much so that I have to always measure the pins before drilling the holes.

On the tech tip here on the bolt there is mention of having to sometimes use LETTER drill bits to get the correct size. Luckily I haven't had to use a Letter bit yet but I have a couple just in case.
Mr__Mahoney, depending on the size of your existing hole don't forget the pins are plenty long enough to accommodate installing bushing's in these hinges as they did in later years.

...and the guys have all given some good advice. Let us know how you come out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile