| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 | Sweetietheswede, This is what a freind of mine and I came up with. He was the mechanical engineer, between the two of us. I contributed a few ideas to it. I was sent to the steel yard with a list. Then I cut all of the steel to length. He welded the framework together. I was in charge of tracking down the tall hydraulic jacks. Which, I did find at Harbor Freight. I am sorry there are no plans for it. We didn't have the foresight, to think about saving a list of measurements and take pictures of the step by step assembly. Perhaps, it will give you a rough idea how to build one. We used a couple different sizes of square tubing, for the base. This allowed us to slide inside the other. That way we could adjust the size. If you are going to only use it for one size cab, that pobably isn't necessary. We welded plates at the end of the round tubing, that spanded accross the doors. The upper door hinge and striker plate bolt holes were used to fasten the cab to the rotisserie. I wasn't as interested in capturing the rotisserie as the cab, when taking these attached pictures. Sorry that it is not a more detailed, for you. Hope this helps you out. Good luck with your project. Rugo http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Rugocigars/media/Cab%20Rotisserie_zpszfjg1cv8.jpg.html?o=2http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Rugocigars/media/IMG_0573_zpsahwsn3pa.jpg.html?o=0http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Rugocigars/media/IMG_0572_zpsamgykvyd.jpg.html?o=1
Last edited by Rugo; 02/16/2016 5:17 PM.
Steve Rugg 53 3100
| | |
| |
| |