Deve,
All very good questions. No worries, your post doesn't lead me to think that you are dissing our rotisserie at all. I know that the pictures don't show off the rotisserie very well. As I mentioned in my previous post, that unfortunately wasn't my goal when taking the pictures. In hindsight, I wish that I would have taken more time to document the construction. You are correct. We did use the upper door hinge holes and door latch striker holes to fasten it to the rotisserie. We used two different sized round steel pipe to make it adjustable for each individual door. One just slid inside the other. We welded plates on the ends and drilled holes to match each of the bolt holes, we were using. You can see from the one picture that there is a new cowl panel on my cab. A previous owner had hyperextented the door, which put a fairly large vertical crease in the orignal cowl panel. After taking off the original panel, we had to pull the hinge portion of the door 3/4 of an inch towards the back of the cab. It then matched the door opening on the passenger side. We did not augment the metal at all. Perhaps I was just fortunate, but my cab didn't seem to suffer any distortion from using the rotisserie. As I mentioned in my previous post, my friend that designed it and built it is a mechanical engineer. The building in which the pictures were taken is his business. He has built a very successful business designing and manufacturing machinery for everything from making a much for efficient riveting machine for Boing Aircraft to machinery that manufactures bottles. Let's say that I trust his expertise. With all of that said, we are all still human beings and are not perfect. It was perhaps a little over built. But, it was sure nice to be able to stand there and work on the underside of the cab. I was able to work on every side of it with that side vertical to me. Made it much more comfortable. Was really nice to paint it also. We painted one vertical surface and turned the rotisserie to the next side and so on. Hope that clears a few things up.
Rugo