Here is my thinking.. and some people do not agree...
Explain in detail your successes, and.. explain in detail your failures. Otherwise it's not an educational experience. Everyone knows and usually hides their mistakes and touts their successes, but we have ZERO chance of becoming better restorers and mechanics if we do not share our failures. This is why I am not popular with certain people here who go out of their way to attempt to bamboozle everyone into thinking their advice is GOLD. It is NOT.
The 1959 Oil Pan is a 4 part system. The sides are cork and the front and rear are rubber. The rubber ones go into a track that supports them. It's kind of a hoky setup, but it is what it is. I will look at the pan very carefully tomorrow and see if it's salvageable using a Crap-TON of sealer or less. It's a test engine, so it's not going in a Truck anytime soon. I use it almost every day to test HEI's before I send them out, or testing other things I am working on. It's not a problem to just wipe the floor, but not too professional. Thanks again!