I just rebuked someone else for stupidity (and it was a Duesy), so to be fair...

I was changing the oil for the first time in my new 235 rebuild and oil was not draining out of the drain properly. I had other things to do, so let it drain until the next day. I look under there and see...

A WHITE CAP FROM A PERMATEX TUBE TRYING TO GET OUT!!!

It's almost funny! But it's all good because there is more bad. I was having some really unacceptable leaks that need addressed anyway. It's leaking pretty bad from the front of the oil pan (the rubber gasket part is not seating), and the rear having the same problem. Very annoying not being able to seat this oil pan correctly. Gasket set on order from RockAuto. Any opinions on a good way to seal this thing better? I have seen shows where the guys use Permatex like its going out of style.

They put a bead on the pan the height of how it comes out of the tube.. very high, very very liberal. What is the correct way to apply Permatex?


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet