I am stil CONFUSED!
Does the torque tube seperate from the differential? I see the bolts all the way around the front of the axle housing but does it also seperate more forward so you can ship the rear end with all the gears still inside? Or if you seperate it with those bolts will all the gears stay in the axle housing?
I have never taken this apart before and need to know for shipping purposes. I obviously don't want to ship the torque tube, but want more than the housing, I want the whole thing with all the gears. The easiest thing would be if the torque tube was just removable from the whole assembly. But I can't tell from the Manual if this is the case.
For anyone that is interested. To install the 3.55 Patrick's rear end upgrade you need the older housing. I found a used older housing with the 3.55 kit already installed. So, I want to ship the whole thing to me without the torque tube. Patrick's tells me my 54 torque tube will bolt up. I just can't figure out where to have them seperate the torque tube before shipping.