Ok that answered my question. So the torque tube is attached semi permanently to the center section. So the only way to ship the rear axle housing that I need and the pinion set etc inside the center section is to have them disassemble it. Ouch.

What I need from this differential is the early axle housing and all the Patrick's 3.55 parts that come in the $400 kit. The center section and torque tube are dispensable.

What if I have them sawsall the torque tube about a foot in front of the center section? I could then disassemble it here, use my own center section (according to Patricks), use the older axle housing and put in all the guts from the 3.55 kit?

This would sure make it easier on the people on the other end. It is either that or have them disassemble everything and ship the gears and the housing only. Help, I gotta figure this out.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261