Ok I finally have the true information from Patrick and it is good news and different from what I thought.

To change the 54 truck to the 3.55 pinion kit you need just one little part from the inside of an earlier differential. From talking to Patrick's employees I understand in error I needed to change the whole rear end housing.

In fact my rear axle should not be removed. I just slide out the axles as earlier stated to release the pinion and drop the current torque tube with center section attached. All the pertinent gears stay inside of this.

The assembly I am getting has the 3.55 kit already installed. So, without disturbing any settings in the new center section, or any in my old rear end, I join the two and install the torque tube up front. I reinstall my axles and brakes and fill with fluid and freeway, here I come. smile cool cool smile


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261