For my 52 Panel I used an automatic column out of a 67 pickup. (67-72 same I think)

I wanted an automatic column
One that was slim with out the key on the column so I could keep the key in the original place.
I wanted the diameter of the column to match my old one.
I wanted one I didn't have to cut.

I took it apart, replace the bearings and it works great with my 700R4 transmission. I used lokar linkage,no problems but NO tilt.


If you Must have TILT then look for a column out of a Chevy Van. Mid 80's I THINK. I'm sure someone else will remember the years.
They are about 30-31" and generally, depending on your application do not have to be cut.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile