I like the pre-war trucks. There's a 1936 nearby...1 ton or 1.5 ton.

Doubtful that I act on it, but wanted some info just in case I go look. Love the styling, but wondering how much extra "fun" (pain) might be involved in owning one.

For you experts:
* If original, the engine would be a 207, I think. How much extra "fun" is it to source parts to keep a 207 running vs a 216 or 235. (This is a running truck). If it has been converted to a 216 or 235, (different dimensions) what should a guy inspect to see if it was done correctly?

* Brakes would be hydraulic in 1936, correct?

* 1936's are the low cab vs. high cab thing. Haven't looked closely enough yet to discern which is this one. Both contain some wood structure, though...correct? Does that create some unique challenges.

* This appears to have had been restored to some extent. Any watchouts for crappy body work that would be unique to this vintage truck?

* 1937 would actually be my favorite. Was all the wood structure eliminated in the cabs by then?







Last edited by JW51; 01/11/2016 8:21 PM. Reason: Clarified subject

1951 3100