Originally Posted by dtwbcs
Ok , what 4barrel would you suggest? Am also looking at that Clifford dual setup again instead of a single carb- but I don't know. Am a member at OLDGMC and have a post there also....

As stated in my earlier post, I would suggest either the Carter 9400s or 9410s (both are 400 CFM); but if you like Holleys, the Holley 390 would be less initially. Final cost would depend on how much you drive; the Carter will probably get 25~40 percent better fuel economy than the Holley (I personally got more than 20 MPG AVERAGE over 400,000 miles on my 300 CID 6 in my shop truck.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop