I think you end up getting good and bad from the same vendors. I have tried a couple close by, and some from far away, and had problems with both. I purchased my bumpers from Bumper Boyz out of California. First, they sent me the wrong one. frown Next one of the bumpers was "frosted" real bad along one edge. :o Next they didn't even bother to break off the washers they had welded to the back of it for a ground. :mad: Kind of says a lot about their quality checks! The windsheild frame was almost a disaster. I purchased a NEW windshield frame and took it to a local plater. He had to re-do it 2 times for some un-known reason. Now, 3 years later, I have a chrome windshield frame that has "bubbles" all over it. I plan to go back there and complain BIG time as I have kept this truck inside and kept it washed and polished. While my anger keeps rising I may as well say that practically NONE of the stuff that comes from China/Tiawan is worth the freight! :mad: The reproduction tail light brackets and tailight housings that I purchased from Jim Carter has the paint peelling off them like crazy. :o Appears one light coat of paint (no primer) was all they got. Its sad frown but folks are trying to cash in on the old car hobby and think we have deep pockets to pay for something they think looks good but last about as long as a snowball in hell!!! grin I'd be careful where I spend my money and would have to have more than one reference for a chome shop before droppping my hard earned money into someone else's bank account making them rich. I have also had the same problems with stuff from Chev's of the 40's and couple other truck shops. ***** I would do all you can locally as it would be a BIG HASSLE to get something resolved from a place so far away. One thing is to be sure and let the folks know right up front what you expect. I just got off the phone less than 10 minutes ago with a problem from Jim Carter. They will make it right but WHY does the problem exist in the first place? I think I know why these problems exist but thats another topic. :rolleyes:


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile