Sooo true. It was May the last time I worked on my Cab. I painted the outside floor finish color so I could set it down on the cart for final painting. I got to looking at it after about 5 years of working hard on it... I am now at the final sanding step. I have had many really talented experts look over my work. Some say WOW Dude! Just Go For It! But others say.. I'm feeling something "here" and "here" and... so I am going back and I actually find stuff. Unforgivable stuff had I painted it. Things that were obviously wrong and it would have looked like crap.

For the pain and agony I have put myself through, the YEARS of anxiety, there is no amount of money. Yet, the reason I am doing it is because I promised myself I would have no other hands on this project. Just mine from sandblasting everything through final paint and assembly. If it takes another 10 years, So be it.

If you do not have this same asinine stubborn streak, RUN, RUN VERY FAST and STEP AWAY FROM THE ENTIRE PROCESS! I will either be the Hero of all things Restoration, or the Village Idiot. I wouldn't place any bets right now on how this turns out. Just get out the popcorn.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet