LOL! No, that's why I said 'in part because of' in there. I realize engine tech has come a long way. I am just saying the quality of oil filtration has come a long way in 50+ years. Even the spin-ons of the 1970's weren't as good as what we have now. Clean internals is a huge factor.
But really, to be able to say for certain you would get longer engine life it would have to be considered as a system. Full Flow mod with 3/8" lines and the filter placed low to put less stress on the pump, PCV to remove the crankcase gasses that by themselves are bad for the engine, let alone when mixed with the oil, and good quality modern oil and I think I can expect a lot more mileage from the engine. We will see. I also feel more precise detonation of the fuel mixture will help too.
I know I feel much better knowing that from the oil pump pickup, ALL of the oil goes immediately into the filter before it ever reaches engine internals. It doesn't get better than that.