It could be exactly as you guys portray me. I can see where that thought might occur. Nobody that knows me thinks that. I field about 3-4 phone calls every day from guys all over the country asking me questions that could be answered here. I just take the time to help them because it is what I decided to devote my retirement to. You come to me and I help free of charge.
In fact, every How-To article on my website has detailed instructions on how to make everything that I make. Then if you don't have the shop to make it yourself, I will make it for you. The formula is cost plus $20. $10 goes to the Stovebolt for everything I sell (which isn't much) and the other $10 I put in my research fund for the next project. John and Peggy are fully aware of how I operate. I get permission from everyone before ever embarking down any road that's already been traveled.
Maybe you guys have me all wrong and I am just someone who likes the friendships and the comraderie that comes with helping others? I know that can create jealousy and all sorts of social problems from some corners where people think that I should do even more.
Everything on my website has been donated from other caring individuals who I come in contact with from time to time. There isn't a self serving bone in my body. It's why my wife and I don't live extravagantly. You guys are thinking as if it's 2015 and everyone is suspect. Not everyone is hateful and trys to make life difficult. Some write about it so others can benefit. You should try it sometime and you would have less time to look at others in a bad light. Then again, sometimes you have to step up and fight when others try to make you look bad. I do not see any positive benefit in taking this subject any further. I am busy trying to make sense out of technologies that we can use for our truck hobby. Not everyone cares, and that's fine, but what do you get out of trying to throw a wrench in the process? I already know the answer.