Sorry if the answer is too simple, I just don't want to make a big mistake here.
Trying to get a '53 3100 running. I got it with no motor, but found a complete 1954 235 motor and a 235 block from 1960.
The block and crank on the 54 have been machined before and are at maximum. The 60 block has never been touched so is a good candidate for a rebuild per the machine shop.
So, is my 1954 head going to work on the 1960 block? I can't see that it won't, but I'm new at this (my shop works on all the new stuff - both easier AND harder than these!) and defer to your experience for an answer. Casting # on the head is 3836848.
The obvious block differences with water pump type (the 60 appears to have WAY better coolant flow) are obvious. Is there anything else I need to be aware of as far as mounting the 1954 parts on it?
Thank you. I'm in awe at the collective wisdom I've seen here in just the past few days on here!