OK, figured out that the numbers given above are on most 12 bolt rear differentials, I did find a 12 bolt axle that might swap gears, and found the correct numbers on the passenger side on the axle tube. it reads THA 32 1 and I will get the numbers off of my axle soon, but what is this ratio? I can't seem to find any info on the web of any decoding tools or charts. it is out of a 72 chevy.


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek