hey all, I'm looking into raising my highway speed a little without changing my driveline in my '69. what is the best gear ratio to go down the highway with the 305 v6 cruising comfortably at 70-5 mph but still have all the pulling power as before?

i believe I have a 4:11 gear ratio in it now, but all I can say is it's slow. it is at about 3000 rpm at 65 mph with the wind to my back.

Thanks in advance, Indy wink


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek