I'm in Justin TX which is a bit north of DFW, right near the Texas Motor Speedway, so unfortunately San Antonio isnt very close!!

I rechecked the gap on my points today and put the old distibutor cap back on ( it seems to fit tighter than the new one I bought) and got the truck to fire off on starting fluid right away!

the gas tank isnt hooked up and the water pump leaks so i wasnt able to do a long run on it, but it was sure nice to hear it run a bit!

I ordered a water pump online but i think i may have gotten the wrong one, the longer shaft one, we'll see when it comes in...

I was going to order a carb rebuild kit as well but im having trouble identifying my carter YF carb, it has no numbers on it!! so another mystery to figure out..

I want to get the engine running well before i tear the truck apart completely!


1946 Chevrolet 2-ton