I like to use a Bosch Blue coil on almost anything with points. You should order a new set of points and condenser and either get a Bosch blue coil or go to your local autocrats store and have them order a coil for a 1973 VW Beetle. No resistance wires or external resistors to worry about. Clean all the connections and do a wire from the battery to the coil and another wire from the negative side of the coil to the points. Eliminating as many possibilities as you can.

Next the sheet metal. I can tell you that you do not need to grind off or drill any rivets. Everything will come off with bolts. You may break quite a few and have to drill them out, but all the sheet metal is meant to come off and go on with bolts.

I think in this order... Hood. Hood filler at the very front (small piece that holds the front edge of the two hood halves). Panel in front of radiator. Grill. Lower splash pan. filler panels inside of the grill. Fenders. Inner fenders. Radiator support. Radiator. And as most Chiltons Manuals would say.. " Install in reverse order"

You can see some build pics in the link form my signature. What part of Texas are you in? I'll be in San Antonio in a week and may have some tim in the evenings if you are anywhere close to come and take a look.



Randy Domeck
Indianapolis Fabrications
[email protected]
Indianapolis, In. 46254
317-258-0039