Evening Paw Paw, and welcome to the Stovebolt. Sounds like you hit a home run on acquiring TWO trucks. Wow.
I worked in Winston-Salem for Microfibres for a couple years. Its down off Stratford Rd. Printing/dyeing outfit. I wish sometimes I'd have stayed a couple more years. Good place. Almost bought a house in King or Kernersville.
By the way, there are several bolters here from Winston, I think one or two from Kernersville, and some from Raleigh, Greensboro and some more close by. Watch for them. If someone up that way will do what we call a "GafFest" or "Reunion" you can count me in. Just name a place and post it here in the EVENTS Forum or the Greasy Spoon, and the Southern Bolters Forum and we'll have a blast!
One piece of advice is to ask questions in the most appropriate garage forums....like Engine questions in the Engine Forum, Driveline in the Driveline Forum and so on. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.
.....but

I might add a note to the 12V conversion. A lot of folks do it but MANY here "testify" that the 6 Volts work good and that the biggest problem with the 6V folks is they don't have a GOOD GROUND which means everything when starting ect.
....but we also agree here that it's YOUR truck and you can do what you want and we'll even help you do it! Lots of knowledgeable folks here willing to share.
...and some pictures when you can post up a link. Whew.