Denny,the sender came as part the installation kit I got with my New Vintage Woodward series gauges.
Sadly,due to timescale,any warranty I had on it will be long gone.
I might shoot them a message and see if I get a response,they did borrow (with my consent) an installation Tech-Tip I did after all.
Time for a little payback perhaps? grin

To be honest it looks pretty much like all the other 'cut to fit' ones i've seen so is probably not exclusive or manufactured by them.
In fact it's identical to the one in the link Tim provided.

If in fact this is an ethanol issue i'd imagine this would be a common problem?
Or..perhaps I just got a bad float?

I'll try and source a brass or plastic float and see where I go from there.

Actually seeing that Mustang float reminds me of a fuel issue my friend had with his '64 Fairlane which uses a similar float,if not the same one.

The P.O. had replaced the float with a small screw top plastic bottle which in fact worked perfectly,the problem arose when the bottle label detatched due to the gas softening the adhesive and started floating around the tank,every now and then it would get sucked over the tank outlet acting as a non return valve.
That was an easy fix!





Last edited by jockbolter50; 08/20/2015 9:04 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.