Originally Posted by tclederman
jockbolter,

You have probably seen the 90ohm universal sender?

But, you did ask for direct/specific fit. Maybe someone else know of 90ohm sender made specifically for the 49-53 tank?

Thanks Tim,that's actually the same as the one I have,it worked fine for about two months,then for some strange reason it stopped registering more than 1/4 full regardless of how much was in the tank.
I have removed it on more than one occasion,and on moving the float arm manually it moves the gauge needle perfectly from empty to full.
I've also checked for obstructions in the tank,nothing.
Re-install it and it reverts to a 1/4 tank.

I'm beginning to suspect the actual gauge but i'm not sure how to test and eliminate it,plus the thought of crawling under the dash to check it is not exactly filling me with enthusiasm!

Dave Colter suggested using a stock sender and adding a resistor to boost it to 90ohms impedance.
To be honest electrical systems are not my forte so was unsure if and how this would work,and also where to place the resistor in the circuit.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 08/17/2015 9:02 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.