I've got a '50 3100 with the 3-on-the-tree. I did a frame off on this thing and have never been able to completely solve this problem.

Frequently the column shifter will "freeze" or lock up. I then must raise the hood and pull up slightly on the shift linkage closest to the firewall. This linkage is always the problem. It does not quite go up high enough to disengage and the result is a jammed shifter.

I've reset the shift linkage several times. The column shifter is set horizontal and is the correct distance from the steering wheel. Under the hood, the linkage in the control box is aligned correctly. I've played with the distance of the retainers on the rods several times but no luck. I know others have probably had this problem. Any ideas? Here is a pic of the cover off and locked up. http://s157.photobucket.com/user/jss1956/media/Truck%20Parts/DSCN1569.jpg.html?o=37

Pull up slightly on the link closest to the firewall and problem solved, for now.

Thanks


It never costs more to ask and it never costs more to think big.