To jump on Jerry's band wagon about being torque-limited ...

I have a splasher 235 (the big brother to your splasher 216) in my 1-ton pickup. I upgraded the rear axle to a better ratio for higher cruising speeds. In short, I have a lighter truck and a bigger engine than you. But Jerry is 100 percent correct that with aux boxes, rear axle tradeouts, taller gears, etc, you are going to run out of power fast. My truck will cruise at 60-65 all day.... until it hits a hill ... or a traffic light .... and then it takes awhile to get back there. At the top end with a splasher engine, you will just not have any power.


My pickup with a splasher 235 and 4:10 rear axle, from a dead stop, takes just over three miles to get up to 60 mph. Just sayin'





~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)