New News on the Plate I made...
I am not happy with how close the crankshaft gets to the vertical post that it attaches to. When rotating from bottom up to bottom down, the crankshaft pins can hit the post. Now we know why standoffs were made. There are two solutions that make sense to me.
1) Go to the hardware store and get 6 each of 7/16"x1/2 inch thick spacers with allen screws. Put the correct length bolts in the plate, then the spacers, lock them down with the allen screw and they will always be there.
2) Make the plate out of 3/4 or 1 inch thick material. This I wont do with the tools I have, so its spacers for me, but this would also solve this problem. These fancy spacers are about $2 each and you CAN go cheaper by just using a washer then a threading a 7/16" nut to the plate.