I had a Dana 60 from an 80's ford van thinking it was going to fit, but it was not quite narrow enough by several inches.
What model van and width axle are you suggesting?.
The 14 bolt C&C axle I picked up if I remember correctly only 9/16" wider than the stock axle from my 52 1 ton, plenty close enough.
Grigg
Anyone done this with a dual rear wheel 1 ton. Due to the brake parts availability and the gearing issues, I was considering a rearend swap for my 53 3800 flat bed. I know the width would not be as critical as it has no fenders. I heard that some of the F#$d trucks will have the same bolt pattern as my current dually style 18's. There has also been some progress on a possible 1 ton disc brake conversion which works with the dual rear wheel trucks. SO if that works out I can keep my current front hubs and lug pattern. I also want to ditch the 3 pc wheels for modern wheels. Whatever will end up fitting the new rearend AND the stock front hubs.
Here is the thread I've been following. Sounds like he'll get it worked out sooner or later.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1085066&page=5Larry W.