Originally Posted by Grigg
Would an 8 lug rear axle be the simpler solution?

Depends on what you want the truck for? Personally I would keep 8 lug and use it like the truck it is.
Hi Grigg

The 6 lug Blazer K5 is all installed, I want the truck to be able to drive down the road and not feel like I have a bulls eye on my back due to it being so slow...so lower gears are the key, modern style braking system already attached, with parts available from the local NAPA too.
I also really don't wanna have to keep 2 separate spare rims on the truck.

I may have to swap out the front axle to a 1/2 ton one, then at least I could get a disc brake set-up easier.

Anybody else wanna chime in here?

Thanks in advance

MikeC


1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)