I am sort of like Justhorsenround. Once I get through with the work, I lose some intrest and wind up selling it. Always at a loss!
For me it has always been the fun of bringing something back to life. Like the thrill of the hunt or whatever, I guess.
Kinda like deer hunting, the hunt is over after you have killed the poor thing. I ain't gonna eat it, so what do I do? Hang it's head on the wall? The wife ain't gonna have that.
I am 70 also, so the work part is really slowing down.
I guess I will spend the rest of my days riding the back roads and looking at the old trucks and cars sitting in the weeds. And thinking "WOW" look at that! That thing could be made really nice!! Even tho there is only 2 bumpers and a frame left of it. LOL.