Termite, dropped a small block in my 52 panel using the mounts that go in the chassis and using the instructions that came with it. I can get my hand behind the BIG distributor and the firewall.
...and yes, the booster "hit" the rear tranny cross member so I cut some of it out. It didn't hurt and the cross member I used actually had "flat bar" inside it. I still welded a truss to enforce it though.
This is all shown in the photobucket pictures linked below in my signature line. It may not help since your using the front cross member but the measurement sheet may help with positioning the motor so you don't have to cut the firewall.

....the top of my tranny also hit the toeboard. I did use the tin snips to cut about 3/8" out right where it was hitting but when the tranny cover went in place you can't see where I trimmed it. Its close and tight but it'll work.

Hope something in all this helps you out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile