Interesting, but probably totally normal, sanding these beasts down isnt easy! Nice that they are that tough. But, I sanded them down very slowly and I am sure I didnt take enough off. But, I noticed if I didnt really tighten the crap out of the Allen head retainers but rather went a little easier on them, it seems that everything works really smooth. Not too smooth.. you can feel about the same drag as you should with drum brakes, but smooth enough to not feel there is a problem. I am thinking I need to just keep those retainers a little loose. But be very aware of it, then as I drive it, crank them down after everything has settled in.

Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks for the posts!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet