Regardless of the type of gasket I have found this works great on my own engines. Avoid tightening the crap out of them the first go round. Drive it a week or two then retighten them. A little later after the gasket "sets". Then, on the next oil change, or two, just double check....you know, just a snug turn. Afterwards no leaking for me. Just my .02

Edit: I also do this on my Silverado and my wifes Buick. Every once in a while I snug the oil pan and tranny bolts. Its amazing what a quarter turn will do. The truck has 276,000 on it now and you can't find a drop of oil under it or on top of it.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/12/2015 2:05 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile