So far from a size standpoint the 1985 K5 Blazer rear end appears to be fitting in place. The out to out width from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface is about 64 1/2 inches. that width should fit under the rear fenders.
For the front end I have a bearing distributor about 1/2 hour South of where I live. I am going to see if have can come up with something that will fit the thicker 1 ton spindles to the smaller 1/2 ton (but 6 lug front hubs that I have)...last night I was picking thru my pile of rusty metal and I found a pair of 1/2 ton early 1950's Chevy front drums with the hubs attached.
So if the bearing place can get me bearings to fit I should be able to make the 1/2 ton front hubs fit on the 1 ton spindles with out having to cut anything thing at a machine shop.
I also found out that a lot of the online classic truck shops now sell 6 lug disc brake kits....So I am pumped about my chances of making all these pieces work.

MikeC

Last edited by mikec4193; 01/02/2015 5:51 PM.

1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)